Summer is coming! This avocado-lime-coconut ice cream is adapted from the much loved Cook Republic's 2016 recipe. We reckon it's is the perfect way to beat the heat!
- 4 small avos (gem or hass work well) or 3 large avos (reeds are perfect for this recipe)
- 220g condensed milk
- 1 can (270ml) coconut milk
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Pinch of salt
- Optional: a tablespoon of dedicated coconut (or more to taste)
- Place all the ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a shallow metal tin.
- Cover with cling wrap and freeze overnight or for a minimum of 6 hours.
To serve, thaw for 5-10 minutes at room temperature.